Here is a heads up on three supermarket wine promotions starting (or continuing) this week.
From Wednesday (until 10 March), the Co-op is offering discounts on 16 wines in its range, including:
- The Ned Sauvignon Blanc (Down from £9.50 to £7.50)
- Corte Mayor Rioja Crianza (Drops £2 to £7)
- Stonehaven Sauvignon Blanc (Drops from £8 to £6)
- Trivento Malbec Reserve (Down from £8 to £6.50, available in selected stores)
A Waitrose promotion also begins on Wednesday and, like the Co-op promotion, is expected to run through to 10 March.
As usual, the list of wines is extensive but here are a few you might like to consider:
- Villa Maria Private Bin Sauvignon Blanc (Drops from £9.69 to £7.69)
- Paikea Chardonnay (Down from £9.99 to £7.49)
- Santa Julia Organic Torrontes (Down from £9.39 to £6.99)
- Venturina Gavi DOCG (Drops from £10.79 to £7.99)
- Les Dauphins Cotes du Rhone Villages (Down from £9.99 to £7.49)
- Baron de Ley Club Privado Rioja (Drops from £10.49 to £6.66)
- Borgodei Trulli Salice Salentino (Drops from £8.99 to £6.99)
In last week’s post I alerted you to a new Sainsbury’s promotion running in-store and online until 3 March.
Here is a selection of wines included in the promotion that I think are worth a look:
- Trivento Reserve Malbec (Down from £8 to £6)
- Rocca Murer Pinot Grigio Trentino (Drops from £7 to £6)
- Porta 6 Vinho Regional Lisboa (Drops £1 to £6.50)
- Taste the Difference Portuguese Alvarinho (Down from £7.50 to £6.75)
- Taste the Difference Valpolicella Ripasso (Down from £11 to £10)
- Taste the Difference Barbera d'Asti (Drops from £8 to £7)
Back again on Wednesday folks with an aspect of the pinot grigio v. pinot gris debate that often gets overlooked – and really shouldn’t!
Subscribe for FREE!
Do you want every review I write, direct to your inbox, absolutely free?