They must work well because another of Sainsbury’s “25% off promotions” starts today and applies when customers buy 6 or more bottles in store and online; it runs until Tuesday 6 June 2017.
As before, the deal covers all wines including those already on promotion but does not apply to “Convenience” branches or in Scotland (where the law prohibits multi-buy discounts) but do check in store before you start loading your trolley.
As usual, click on the picture for an enlarged image that will help you track down the wine on crowded shelves.
So what to buy?
Floral, minty and delicate 2016 Mirabeau Etoile Rosé (£16 – but £12 on a multi buy discount) sure-footedly balances strawberry, red apple and red cherry fruit with touches of spice and a burst of fresh acidity.
High spots from the current promotion
This time the 25% deal runs through to the end of the current promotion so I have picked out a few good options from that list and – as usual – show three prices next to them. One is the list price, one refers to the current promotion while the lowest applies if you qualify for the 25% “double discount”.
- Taste the Difference Soave Classico (£4.50/£6/£7) – red apple fruit with a savoury edge and lime centred acidity.
- Taste the Difference Coolwater Bay Sauvignon Blanc (£5.45/£7.25/£8) with mild gooseberry flavours and complex orange depth.
- Les Caillottes Sancerre Rosé (£7.50/£10/£12) – ripe but subtle strawberry fruit with depth and a suspicion of sweetness.
- Taste the Difference Padthaway Cabernet Sauvignon (£4.50/£6/£7) – soft but substantial bramble and plum fruit with touches of menthol, herbs and vanilla.
- Chateau des Jacques Moulin a Vent(£9.75/£13/ £15) – Consistently reliable Beaujolais – Burgundian in style with bright raspberry and black cherry fruit.
Subscribe for FREE!
Do you want every review I write, direct to your inbox, absolutely free?