Continuing the theme of my post last Thursday, this week's top tips include a delicate Spanish rosé at just £5.99. Scroll down and you'll also find details of the latest offers at Morrisons and Marks & Spencer – including an excellent English fizz.
2019 Andrew Peace Shiraz (£5.50 at the Co-op):
This great value, well-crafted red is from a family operation in Victoria – a relatively small but diverse wine producing area of Australia.
Enjoy its medium-bodied bramble, prune and black cherry fruit; its mint, cinnamon and chocolate components; and the good acidity with limited tannin.
2019 Pedro Luis Monastrell Rosé (£5.99 at Aldi):
The forceful, ripe peach aromas almost convince you that this Spanish rosé is sweet but its actual sugar levels are low.
Nevertheless, it delivers bold tropical fruit flavours with elements of cherry and strawberry built into its delicate, yet energetically fresh, texture.
From Wednesday, the following wines are on offer as part of Morrison's latest promotion (which is expected to run until 14 July). Some are bottles I've recommended before but I feel are worth a second shout out, especially at the discounted prices.
- Zarper Malbec Gran Reserva (Down from £8 to £6)
- Morrisons The Best Pecorino (Down to £6)
- Morrisons The Best Pinot Gris (Drops to £7.50)
- Morrisons The Best Priorat (Down from £10 to £8)
- Morrisons The Best Prosecco Valdobbiadene D.O.C.G (Down to £8)
- Taylors 10 Year Old Tawny (Down to £17)
At Marks & Spencer
The current offers at M&S include a number of sound summer choices but, for me, the highlight is Marksman English Sparkling Brut Blanc de Blancs (down to £22).
The main promotion runs until 13 July but there are also some ‘flash deals' on until 22 June, including:
- Chateauneuf du Pape (Down from £23 to £18)
- Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon (Drops from £10 to £7)
- Classics Barossa Chardonnay (Down from £9 to £7)
- Casa Leona Sauvignon Blanc (Down to £6)
Join us again on Thursday for a look at the “Bordeaux Hot 50” which shows us that presentable wine from that region doesn't have to cost a fortune.
Subscribe for FREE!
Do you want every review I write, direct to your inbox, absolutely free?